Saturday, March 13, 2010

Where Americans get their news

For a long time studies showed that people got their news from Jay Leno's nightly monologue and the SNL Weekend Update. Then for a long time a generation of viewers got their news from "The Daily Show." Now a new alternative news source has arrived.

A study has found that most Americans get their news from Allysa Milano's Twitter page. It started out as an innocent curiosity of what the "Charmed" star and clothing mogul was up to.

"I just wanted to see what she had for breakfast," said one now informed fan, "And then I learned that Obama gave his Nobel Prize money to charity. I had no idea! Now when ever a news story breaks I check @Alyssa_Milano first and CNN second."

Editor's note: If you were to tell me that I would be getting news from a "Who's the Boss" star - I would've picked Mona.
@reachadam

No comments: