Monday, June 16, 2008

America gives "Hulk" and M. Night one more chance


Like a drunken uncle who swears he'll "never do it again," movie goers let "The Incredible Hulk" and "The Happening" back to their figurative Thanksgiving Day tables. The films took in $56 and $30 million irrespectively this weekend.

"I swore after "The Village" that M. Night was dead to me," said Ms. Tidwalters of Queens, NY, "But he promised that "The Lady in the Lake" would be different, that he changed."
After spending her last $11.50 on the "Lake" he funds funds were dried up.
"He had that actor from 'Sideways,' it wasn't supposed to go this way..."

Her husband threaten to leave her if she went back to what's "Happening."
"I just couldn't see her in pain again. That guy has let her down each time and I'm the one stuck here picking her off the floor."

Thankfully at the end of the day, Mr. Tidwalters is a nurturer (mother issues) and can't leave his wife.

The Hulk story did not turn out so happy.
"Fool me once, shame on you," stated a disappointed fan, "Fool me twice, shame on Marvel."

No comments: