Monday, February 11, 2008

Hottie makes nottie a lottie cash


According to Boxofficemojo.com This weekend the Paris Hilton movie made $25,000 dollars. Less than the Paris would get paid for an appearance at a night club. So with all the billboards (or at least the one I saw at Sunset and La Brea that looks like she made it[picture to come{get off my back {it's coming!}}]) TV ads and press junkets and radio interviews, only 2,500 people were convinced to see the film.

Tiny shoe box theaters across the country laid w/ heat or air conditioning blasting for no one. Homeless people wouldn't even sneak in to get out of the cold.
"Could I have some change? I promise not to spend it on that Paris movie. It will all go to booze, I promise."
"In that case, here's a whole dime."


Here's some info on the movie's director: from imdb.com
Graduated from USC School of Cinema-Television (1994)
Named as "One of the 25 New Faces of Independent Film" by Filmmaker Magazine (Summer 2003 Issue).


He's won a bunch of awards. But so has Paris. I actually saw his 1999 film "Shafted" a take off of Shaft (no shit). To be fair, I don't remember what I thought of it. I can see myself getting frustrated and walking away.

No comments: